The Law Offices of Marilyn J. Belew, P.C.
Decatur Family Law And Personal Injury Attorney
Areas & Topics

probate administration Archives

Addressing a home during probate administration

After the death of a loved one, there are often many assets that need addressing. In many cases, the decedent will have created estate planning documents that indicate how the assets should be distributed. Still, it is likely that probate administration will be needed before the property can be distributed or sold.

Who is in charge of probate administration?

When the estate of a deceased Texas resident needs to be settled, a person needs to be put in charge of handling the tasks involved with that settlement. Typically, this occurs through probate administration, and the person in charge is commonly known as the executor. However, if the deceased individual did not choose an executor, the court may need to appoint a personal representative.


The Law Offices of Marilyn J. Belew, P.C.
1451 W. Business 380
Suite 3B
Decatur, TX 76234

Phone: 940-539-9262
Fax: 940-627-6408
Map & Directions

pay your invoice here