The Law Offices of Marilyn J. Belew, P.C.
Decatur Family Law And Personal Injury Attorney
Areas & Topics

January 2019 Archives

Who is in charge of probate administration?

When the estate of a deceased Texas resident needs to be settled, a person needs to be put in charge of handling the tasks involved with that settlement. Typically, this occurs through probate administration, and the person in charge is commonly known as the executor. However, if the deceased individual did not choose an executor, the court may need to appoint a personal representative.

Vulnerabilities, risks of abuse may warrant guardianships

Most Decatur adults love that they still have their parents, grandparents or possibly even great-grandparents around. Numerous people lose their elderly loved ones at young ages, and such a loss can be difficult at any age. Of course, adults also know that older individuals can begin to experience difficulties handling their own affairs, and it may put them at risk. In some cases, seeking guardianships may be necessary.


The Law Offices of Marilyn J. Belew, P.C.
1451 W. Business 380
Suite 3B
Decatur, TX 76234

Phone: 940-539-9262
Fax: 940-627-6408
Map & Directions

pay your invoice here